Is your home or cabin accessible for emergency vehicles? The following are needed for the GHAVFD to gain access to you in case of an emergency.
- The width of your driveway should be a minimum of 9 feet, with 10 feet recommended.
- Turning radius should be greater than 16 feet.
- Culverts and bridges must be capable of holding 20 tons (for fire truck loaded with water).
- A sign with the property address should be at the driveway entrance and should be visible at night or day. Names are not sufficient.
- Locked gates or chains will prevent access.
- There should be 14 feet overhead clearance.